We’ve had a cold snap here these past couple of days. Good sleeping weather. I had been sleeping with a sheet, a spread, and this pretend fur twin blanket as the weather yo-yo-ed between too cold for just a sheet and a spread and too hot for a blanket, but yesterday, I bit the bullet and winterized my bed. I have this undyed unbleached cotton blanket that is made out of thread that is about the same diameter as DK weight yarn woven in a herringbone pattern. It’s wonderfully heavy and “hand woven” looking, and although I have a queen sized bed, I got it in king size because cotton will shrink somewhat in the dryer over time, and I like my covers to reach clear to the top of the mattress. My bedspread is heavy cotton, too, in a jacquard weave. I also have a microfleece blanket in a leopard print that I keep “S”-folded across the bottom of the bed, so I can just reach down and pull it up when I need it.
So, yesterday, I changed my bed, and not only washed the sheets, but the bedspread, too (which took forEVER to dry!). I washed a load of clothes, a load of sheets and towels, and a load that was the bedspread. While I was waiting for the bedspread to dry, I took all the garbage out to the alley.
I have this foldable hanger rack in the laundry room so I can hang up stuff right out of the dryer. When I put hang-up clothes in the dirty clothes hamper, I take the empty hanger and hang it on this rack. I have just enough hangers for the clothes I have. If I get something new, I have to get rid of something so there’ll be a hanger for it.
In the knitting news, the infinity wrap is coming along. I have six skeins of this yarn, and I haven’t used up one ball yet. The yarn is a 2-ply DK weight, 100% wool yarn from Green Mountain Spinnery called Ragg Time in the colorway “Bessie 9461.” One ply is dark, the other ply is various shades of blue, so the color tends to be heathery. It’s a very grabby yarn and it doesn’t want to “flow” through my fingers. I can only knit on it for about an hour or so before I have to stop as it “fights” me and tires out my hands. Still, I like the color and it makes a good dense fabric on US9’s (5.5 mm) needles. That white bit at the bottom is the provisional cast on because I’m going to have to Kitchner the durn thing together. At some point, I’ll take a length of yarn and wrap it around me so I can measure how long I need to make it. I just hope 6 skeins (@ 306 yd/279 m each) is going to be enough yarn. We’ll see.
Today after cardiac rehab, I went to get my car inspected and the oil changed. When the guy was doing the inspection, he brought to my attention that the license plate number on my last-year’s registration sticker did not match the license plate on my car, and when he ran the license plate number on my sticker, it was for a Nissan SUV (my car is a Toyota Corolla sedan). Now that I think back, when I got my last year’s registration sticker, there was somebody else getting theirs at the same time, and I bet the lady gave us the wrong stickers. Here all this time, I’ve been driving around with somebody else’s car registration sticker (and somebody has been driving around with mine!). I would have never known it if the guy at the oil change place hadn’t said something. But if a cop had checked me, I would have gotten a ticket for driving around with false registration!! I got my 2021 registration sticker at the same place I got my 2020 one, and told the clerk about the mix-up. (She didn’t seem nearly as excited about it as I thought she should be. . . ) But, you better believe I checked the plate number on the new sticker she gave me!